- Come into the library with your photo ID. If the address on your ID is outdated, please bring proof of address (a piece of delivered mail with your name and address, a PDF of a bill on your phone, etc.). Fill out a paper application and receive your library card right away.
- Or you can complete our online library card application, and we will contact you within two business days to let you know when your card is ready to pick up at the library.
Is your library card expired? Do you need assistance accessing Overdrive, LinkCAT, or other online resources? Please:
- Visit the second floor Information Desk
- Call us at (608) 873-6281
- Email us at storef [at] stolib.org
- Or use our Contact Form.
Library cards are available free of charge to Wisconsin residents. Your library card can be used at any public library in the South Central Library System.
A valid library card must be presented to check out. (See the Patron Registration policy for details).
Parents/custodial guardian must sign the application form for children under the age of 16.
Please inform the library about any changes of address, phone number or email address.
If your library card is lost, report it as soon as possible. Call 608-873-6281.