We can now accept online donations through Point & Pay, the secure online portal used by the City of Stoughton. To donate online, click here. The form will ask for some information about the donation:
- Do you want to be anonymous? (yes or no)
- What is the donation to be used for? (i.e., collections or programming)
- Is the donation a memorial? If so, please provide the name of the person being memorialized.
Please note, there is a small service fee of $1.50.
Donation of Books or Materials
We will accept up to three items at a time. We will accept donations of like-new or gently used books, DVDs and CDs. We do not accept donations of magazines or textbooks. Please attach a note that reads "Donation" to each of your three items and put it in the book drop. Materials may be added to the collection or sold at Friends of the Library booksales to raise funds to benefit the library. Please see our Donation Policy for more details.
Adopt a Magazine
Sponsor a yearly subscription to a magazine enjoyed by Stoughton Public Library patrons. We will acknowledge your kind donation with a bookplate displayed on the magazine's cover for a year. For a unique gift idea, designate the donation in honor of someone. Or to remember a loved one who has passed away, designate the donation in their memory. Please fill out this Adopt a Magazine Form and contact Jane Groshan at (608) 873-6281 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about magazine adoption availability and subscription cost.
Donation acknowledgment plates will either run April through March or October through September depending on when the donation is received.
Leave a Legacy and Help Your Library Continue to Grow
People like you helped the library:
- to add an addition to the original 1908 Carnegie Library during the Mezzanine remodel in 2006
- to remodel the Children’s Room in 2008
- to fund the renovation of the second floor in 2015
Our Library Says a Lot About Our Community
The Stoughton Public Library welcomed nearly 145,000 visitors in 2014 and patrons checked out over 268,811 items.
The library is open 6 days each week for a total of 64 hours each week.
That means there were 44 people in the door and 81 items checked out each open hour of 2014! Remember, regardless of the amount, a gift to Stoughton Public Library is a gift of knowledge.
A donation to the Library is a thoughtful and caring way to honor a:
- Birth of a child
- Loss of a loved one
- Special occasion
How you can support the Stoughton Public Library:
- Designate your gift be used for the Library Building Fund
- Indicate your donation be used for library collections (books, audiovisual, magazines)
- Sponsor special library program costs, materials, and presenters
- Specify your donation be used wherever need is greatest through an undesignated donation
Some examples of the types of gifts that support your library are:
- Monetary donations
- Securities or property for immediate or future use
- Bequest in your will or living trust
Legacy Gifts & Memorials are a wonderful and lasting way to remember a friend or loved one, or to commemerate a special occasion.
All gifts are tax deductible.
For further information, contact:
Jim Ramsey, Director
Stoughton Public Library
304 South Fourth Street
Stoughton, WI 53589
Phone: (608) 873-6281
Or email email@example.com