Learn more about the history of the Stoughton Public Library.
Library Mission Statement
Stoughton Public Library will educate, enrich, empower, and engage our community.
The Stoughton Public Library will:
- Be welcoming, attractive, comfortable, and well-maintained.
- Employ a talented, customer service-oriented staff.
- Promote literacy, lifelong learning, and civic engagement.
- Offer free and open access to information and resources in a variety of formats.
- Provide current, innovative services and programs for all ages.
- Preserve the community's cultural heritage and acknowledge the contributions of Stoughton's diverse populations.
The Library will provide access to a wide variety of information in both traditional print and emerging digital formats.
The Library will offer a wide variety of programs for all ages to meet the diverse needs of the community and promote the concept of the library as a community hub for lifelong learning and civic engagement.
The Library will maintain and strengthen its role as a safe, inclusive, and accessible space welcoming to all, in which individuals and groups interact, exchange ideas, and foster a sense of community.
The Library will ensure its financial stability through municipal and county appropriations, private donations, gifts, grants, and other fundraising efforts.
The Library will develop a marketing plan to further increase public awareness of the library and its role in the community. The Library will foster partnerships with local organizations to reach audiences that may be unaware of library resources.
Adopted: October 20, 2010
Revised: April 17, 2013
Revised: October 16, 2019