About the Program
500 Books Before Middle school is an ongoing program for kids entering kindergarten through 5th Grade. There is no starting or end date and registration can be done anytime throughout the year. The goal is simply to read 500 books before Middle School.
There are two ways to register:
- Visit our Beanstack site online or download the Beanstack tracker app on your smartphone or tablet and search for "Stoughton Public Library (WI)"
- Or you can email email@example.com or call 608-873-6281 if you prefer not to use Beanstack and only use the paper tracking log.
- How to register online
- How to register using the Beanstack Tracker app
- How to log reading online
- How to log reading using the Beanstack Tracker app
How does 500 Books Before Middle School work?
Track your reading - After reading, check or color in a star for every book read. Be sure to count each time you read a book, not each individual title.
Bring in your log - Show us your log and you will receive a small prize for every 50 books you read. When you read 250 books, you will receive a free book.
Read More Books - After completion of 500 books, you will receive another free book.
The library will partially reopen for browsing on May 17, 2021. However, due to health and safety concerns requiring staff to perform alternate duties, the Children's desk will often remain unstaffed. If you wish to sign up for the program or collect stickers or prize books, please continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-873-6281 to arrange pickup ahead of time via the Hold shelf.