About the Program
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a reading program at the Stoughton Public Library that encourages families and caregivers to read books with younger children before they enter kindergarten. This program is ongoing; therefore there is no starting date or end date. You may register your child (age 0 to 5) any time throughout the year. The goal is simply to read 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
There are two ways to register:
- Visit our Beanstack site online or download the Beanstack tracker app on your smartphone or tablet and search for "Stoughton Public Library (WI)"
- Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-873-6281 if you prefer not to use Beanstack and only use the paper tracking log.
- How to register online
- How to register using the Beanstack Tracker app
- How to log reading online
- How to log reading using the Beanstack Tracker app
1000 books may seem like a lot to read, but one book a day for three years equals 1095 books read! Children love to have favorite books read to them over and over. Be sure to count each time you read a book, not each individual title.
Each time your child finishes 100 books, they will receive a sticker. When they reach 500 books, they’ll receive a free book. After completion of 1000 books, they will receive an additional free book.
Here are the children who completed 1000 books during the first 5 years of the program: 2013-2018
Listed below are the children who completed 1000 books from August 1, 2018 onward: