About the Program
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a reading program at the Stoughton Public Library that encourages families and caregivers to read books with younger children before they enter kindergarten. This program is ongoing; therefore there is no starting date or end date. You may register your child (age 0 to 5) any time throughout the year. The goal is simply to read 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
There are two ways to register:
- Visit our Beanstack site online or download the Beanstack tracker app on your smartphone or tablet and search for "Stoughton Public Library (WI)"
- Or you can email email@example.com or call 608-873-6281 if you prefer not to use Beanstack and only use the paper tracking log.
- How to register online
- How to register using the Beanstack Tracker app
- How to log reading online
- How to log reading using the Beanstack Tracker app
1000 books may seem like a lot to read, but one book a day for three years equals 1095 books read! Children love to have favorite books read to them over and over. Be sure to count each time you read a book, not each individual title.
Each time your child finishes 100 books, they will receive a sticker. When they reach 500 books, they’ll receive a free book. After completion of 1000 books, they will receive an additional free book.
The library will partially reopen for browsing on May 17, 2021. However, due to health and safety concerns requiring staff to perform alternate duties, the Children's desk will often remain unstaffed. If you wish to sign up for the program or collect stickers or prize books, please continue to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-873-6281 to arrange pickup ahead of time via the Hold shelf.
Here are the children who completed 1000 books during the first 5 years of the program: 2013-2018
Listed below are the children who completed 1000 books from August 1, 2018 onward: