Leave a Legacy and Help Your Library Continue to Grow
People like you helped the library:
- to add an addition to the original 1908 Carnegie Library during the Mezzanine remodel in 2006
- to remodel the Children’s Room in 2008
- to fund the renovation of the second floor in 2015
Our Library Says a Lot About Our Community
The Stoughton Public Library welcomed nearly 145,000 visitors in 2014 and patrons checked out over 268,811 items.
The library is open 6 days each week for a total of 64 hours each week.
That means there were 44 people in the door and 81 items checked out each open hour of 2014! Remember, regardless of the amount, a gift to Stoughton Public Library is a gift of knowledge.
A donation to the Library is a thoughtful and caring way to honor a:
- Birth of a child
- Loss of a loved one
- Special occasion
How you can support the Stoughton Public Library:
- Designate your gift be used for the Library Building Fund
- Indicate your donation be used for library collections (books, audiovisual, magazines)
- Sponsor special library program costs, materials, and presenters
- Specify your donation be used wherever need is greatest through an undesignated donation
Some examples of the types of gifts that support your library are:
- Monetary donations
- Securities or property for immediate or future use
- Bequest in your will or living trust
Legacy Gifts & Memorials are a wonderful and lasting way to remember a friend or loved one, or to commemerate a special occasion.
All gifts are tax deductible.
For further information, contact:
Richard MacDonald, Director
Stoughton Public Library
304 South Fourth Street
Stoughton, WI 53589
Phone: (608) 873-6281
Donation of Books or Materials
Due to the library's second floor renovation, the library is currently not accepting donations of materials for booksales. Please consider us again in late November 2015.