For everyone's health and safety, the library will be closed until further notice. We are currently offering curbside pickup service, however.
Stoughton Library staff are working on a plan to reopen the library safely. We do not yet know when this will happen, but we will share the date with you as soon as we are able. Please note: we will open with limited access at first as allowed/required under Phase 1 of the Forward Dane Plan.
- Existing holds will not expire.
- No items will be due during this time and any fines accrued will be waived (please do not return library items at this time).
- Patrons are encouraged to keep their library materials at home until the facility is re-opened.
- All due dates will be extended. (Ignore any overdue or pre-overdue notices you receive.)
- WiFi is still available from the exterior of the building.
- All programs, meeting room use, and outreach will be canceled during this time.
- We are hosting online story times for preschoolers and activity ideas for K-5 children.
- E-books and digital audiobooks are still available through Overdrive/Libby.
- Online resources (now including AncestryLibrary!) are also available from home.
- If you need help accessing Overdrive or any online resource, call 873-6281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (this includes help with lost, expired, and new library cards). We'll get back to you in 1-2 days.
- On Thursday, April 16, Governor Tony Evers extended Wisconsin’s Safer at Home order through May 26. Among other provisions, the amended order allows for public libraries to begin offering curbside pick-up of library items after the current order expires on April 24. The library will begin offering curbside pickup on Monday, May 4. The library building will remain closed. We will post additional updates on our website at stoughtonpubliclibrary.org and on our Facebook page. On behalf of all library staff, thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you again!